Friday, August 21, 2009

Successful so far....

I've accomplished a couple of successful things. First, I was able to take my measurements and draft my first princess style sloper based on a design in the Ladies Cutting book. How I did it was rather genious, I thought. I bought graph paper and since the squares are 1/4 of an inch, I drew the pattern using the squares as square inches. Then I went to Kinko's and blew up the page by 400%. It cost me $2.65 to blow it up and so I figure I'll be ahead of the game if I can draw out my designs and print them for $3.00 considering most patterns are $15.00. I have not actually made anything yet, I did cut out some fabric (muslin) and pinned it, made changes to the paper pattern and came out with revisions. I have not cut out the revised version yet, but I did tape together the paper pattern and it seemed to hug my body like a sloper should. I've been too busy to get any further with this project, but when I do get the revision pattern blown up and cut out, etc... I will try and take pictures and post them.



In the mean time, I've found http://www.pattern_making.com/, which has some good ideas on it - the language is far simpler than the 2 books I posted, and it doesn't seem as comprehensive either. However, gathering resources is invaluable.



Here's a bra making diagram from pattern_making.com:
http://www.pattern-making.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/screenhunter_33-jul-31-1538.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment